Friday, May 13, 2016

Checking In

I've been so busy with my new shop that I haven't had time to post here recently. I haven't done much sewing this week other than getting my next block for the Goose on the Loose quilt along done. Block four is ready to go and the instructions will be posted on schedule next Wednesday, May 18th, even though I will be out of town.

I'm excited about this trip. I'm going to Quilt Market in Salt Lake City! This will be my first time going. I'm planning to take my camera and hope I don't act like an idiot when I run into a quilt celebrity. I'll share anything blog-worthy with you as time permits when I get back.

My big shop news is that I finally have one of my two signs. The sign on the building went up Monday.



The sign at the road has been ordered and is being made. Hopefully it will be ready to be installed soon! Getting these signs has been more of an "adventure" than it should have been. I won't bore you with the mall politics about signage.

The shop is filling up nicely with fabric and goodies. You can see current shop photos on the shop website, Alamosa Quilt Company. Click the "About" tab to see the shop photos and look around at the other pages too if you have time.


2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, just love your sign and so glad you have it up. Hope the shop is doing good and jealous of your going to Salt Lake, enjoy!

Westmichquilter.blogspot.com said...

Your sign looks great. I'm glad to hear things are movingvright along. Like Barb, I'm jealous of you. I'd love to go to market. Enjoy!