Friday, May 20, 2016

Splendid Sampler Progress

Over the last couple of weeks I have found time to make several more Splendid Sampler blocks.

Here they are, in no particular order:

This one should have embroidery that says, "Measure Twice, Cut Once ..." I haven't figured out how to trace the words onto the dark background I chose


This one took a while to make. It is paper pieced. It was a fun challenge!

I put my shop logo on this one instead of the embroidery. I can't take credit for the idea. I saw someone else had done this in the Splendid Sampler Facebook group.




Here are all sixteen of the blocks I've completed thus far.


These are really fun to make. Most of them are not time consuming to make. There are exceptions to that rule though, as noted above. I'm not committing to make all 100 of the blocks. I'll only make as many as I can and as many as I want.


1 comment:

Quilty Constance said...

Lovely blocks! I love reading your blog. I have almost finished my version of your Stars and Scrappy Stripes and will share it with you when I finish. I did it as a QAYG project, so I have black sashing between the blocks and a totally different look on the back. Very fun.