Friday, June 24, 2016

Meet Al

I stayed up late earlier this week to finish the binding on Al.


This quilt is a kit from the Alpine fabric line by Erin Michael for Moda. The lumberjack, I'm calling him Al, comes in the kit. He is a digital print on fabric. You cut him out and applique him to the quilt. It was very easy.

I opted to quilt the background first and then applique him onto the finished (minus binding) quilt. It worked well. I then stitched him down and added some detail stitching.

Printed on the fabric with him was a dialog bubble. I wrote the label information on it and stuck it on the back.


This was a pretty fast project. I managed to get the background, which is just a large log cabin block, cut out and pieced at the shop on Friday in between customers. It probably would have only taken me about 2 to 3 hours to cut out and sew with no interruptions.

The finished quilt is about 59" by 59".


No comments: