Wednesday, July 6, 2016

License Plate Wristlet

Are you participating in Row by Row Experience this summer? If you don't know what it is, click here to go to their website and find out.

My shop, Alamosa Quilt Company, is a participating shop. Here is our row:



We also have license plates and last weekend I used them to make a small bag.



Above are the two sides of the outside. Below is the inside.


There are two smaller pockets inside as well.


The pattern is called License Plate Traveling Wristlet.


It's a fairly easy bag to make. The hardest part for me was making sure I had the license plates oriented properly when sewing them together. The pattern clearly shows how they are to go together but you know how easy it is to carefully line up something then mess it up when you go to sew the seam!

The pattern calls for three license plates but I only have two for my shop. I'm tempted to contact the other two shops in the area and ask if they will trade license plates with me so I can make one of these using plate from all three shops.


No comments: