Wednesday, September 14, 2016

New Canvas Totes

A few weeks ago we received some printed canvas in the shop. I have been meaning to make some tote bags with it and finally got around to it.

The first one is an adorable bird print.


For the inside I used one of our new Elizabeth Hartman fabrics.


The second one is a deer print.


This is a very simple lined tote. Recently I did a full tutorial for a basic lined tote. Click here to go to that post.

This one is the same procedure with different measurements. The lining and exterior fabrics were cut 18" by 18". The corners are boxed by measuring 2.5" in from the corners. The handles are webbing cut at 24" each but you could make fabric handles. I used my favorite interfacing on the lining, ShapeFlex, but this is optional.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Cute bags. I'll have to try some canvas.