Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Charity Sewing

I had a block challenge at my shop recently. Folks purchased a small fabric pack that contained 8 different 5" squares. They then had to make a 12.5" unfinished block using at least 6 of the 8 fabrics and could add one fabric from their stash. We received 23 blocks from customers! I'm turning those blocks into quilts for the oncology department of our local hospital.

The first quilt top is completed.


One of my employees is also a long arm quilter and has volunteered to quilt these for me. She will work her magic on this. I'll sew on the binding so we can donate it.

The second quilt is in progress.

Originally I was going to make just two quilts from the blocks but have decided to stretch them into three quilts. I'll need to make a few simple blocks for the third quilt but I have a simple plan for those. 


No comments: